General – 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
Intensive Care Unit – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. & 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily
Pediatrics – Parents welcome at all hours; 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily for other visitors
Emergency Room – No set hours, but visitation may be restricted to provide care
Mother, Baby and Family Center – No set hours, but please respect other patients who are trying to sleep
Visitors are expected to be respectful of the regulations provided by WMC and follow all guidelines to ensure patient safety. These include:
- Wyoming Medical Center is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking, chewing tobacco and e-cigarettes are not allowed anywhere on the hospital campus. You are free to use tobacco in Conwell Park, across Second Street, but please be respectful and do not litter.
- Children under 13 years of age are discouraged from visiting.
- During flu season and other infectious disease outbreaks, children under 12 may be restricted from visiting to protect patients. These restrictions are placed on the discretion of our medical staff. People with the flu, colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and wear shirts and shoes.
- No more than two visitors are allowed at the bedside at one time.
- Avoid making unnecessary noise and maintain a quiet environment. Please be considerate of other patients in the room and in the care area.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Wyoming Medical Center does not discriminate regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender identity, disability, educational level, communication impairments or ability to pay.
ICU Visiting Guidelines
Some special restrictions exist for our Intensive Care Unit. These include:
- No more than three visitors are allowed in a room at one time.
- Cell phones and cameras are not permitted. Please turn your phones to vibrate and take your calls in the waiting areas. Absolutely no cameras are allowed in the ICU.
- Respect our patients’ privacy. Our walls are glass to allow the nurses a direct view of their patients at all times. Please respect our patients' privacy by not lingering in the hallways during your visit. Family conversations should take place either in the patient room or in the waiting room. Your nurse can arrange a private place for a family conference if needed. Outside food and beverages are not permitted in patient rooms. Meals and snacks should be eaten in the cafeteria or the waiting areas.
- In special circumstances, and with the physician's approval, pets may visit for short periods of time. A special consent and release is required before the visit. Check with the nurse for further details.
- Our infectious disease specialist recommends there be no flowers in patient rooms due to the presence of tiny bugs on the flowers and potential allergens. You may leave bouquets at the front desk in ICU until the patient is discharged from the ICU, or take a picture of them for the patient and then take them home. We recommend cards, photos and non-latex balloons for ICU get-well wishes.
Pets are welcome to visit patients with a physician order. Those who bring pets in must report to the Security desk on first floor with the pet to complete a Pet Visitation Consent form. Security will verify pet vaccinations are current and observe the pet for visible illness. All pets must be on a leash, carried or in a crate while on the hospital grounds. Each time the pet comes to visit, the responsible party must check in and out with Security. Service animals are allowed at WMC when they serve as a guide animal, signal animal or animal individually trained to provide assistance to an individual with a disability.